Cochrane Nutrition is hosted in South Africa within the Centre for Evidence-based Health Care at Stellenbosch University and Cochrane South Africa at the South African Medical Research Council.
Initiators of Cochrane Nutrition include Prof Jimmy Volmink, Prof Taryn Young, Dr Tamara Kredo, Prof. Paul Garner, Prof Mark Lawrence, Dr Juan Pablo Peña-Rosas, Dr Celeste Naude and Ms Solange Durão.
Celeste Naude, PhD, from the Centre for Evidence-based Health Care at Stellenbosch University, and Solange Durão, MPH, from Cochrane South Africa, are the Co-Directors of Cochrane Nutrition.
The Directors work under the guidance of an Advisory Board. Members of the Advisory Board comprise representatives from partner organisations, as well as from various Cochrane groups. The Advsory Board is as follows:
- Mark Lawrence, Head of the Food Policy Unit, Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition, Faculty of Health, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia (Chair).
- Harshpal Sachdev, Senior Consultant in Pediatrics and Clinical Epidemiology. Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research, New Delhi, India.
- Chizuru Nishida, Coordinator Nutrition Policy and Scientific Advice, Department of Nutrition for Health and Development, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Patricia Cassano, Associate Director of Division of Nutritional Sciences and Professor of Healthcare Policy and Research, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, Ithaca, USA.
- Rebecca Armstrong, Deputy Director of Public Health Insight, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia.
- Jimmy Volmink, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Taryn Young, Director of the Centre for Evidence-based Health Care, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town South Africa.
- Tamara Kredo, Senior Specialist Scientist at Cochrane South Africa, South African Medical Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa.